Retinal Detachments Treatment in Tallahassee
Retinal detachment is a critical condition where the retina, a light-sensitive membrane at the eye’s back, separates from its supportive layers. Recognizing the urgency and importance of treating this condition, we are dedicated to offering specialized care for those experiencing retinal detachments.
Causes of Retinal Detachment:
- A tear or hole in the retina
- Leakage of eye fluids through the opening
- Posterior vitreous detachment
- Trauma or extreme nearsightedness
- A family history of retinal detachment
- Tractional detachment due to factors like uncontrolled diabetes, prior retinal surgeries, or chronic inflammation
Effects of Retinal Detachment:
Detached retinas can lead to bleeding from blood vessels and vitreous fluid clouding within the eye, heavily compromising central vision. The situation is even direr if the macula, responsible for fine vision, detaches and results in some vision loss.